Job Title: Commercial Sales Manager VIMN Kids
The Nickelodeon UK Network is available in 14 million cable and satellite homes and now reaches more than 10 million viewers a month. The entertainment company has built a diverse multi-platform business by putting kids first in everything it does – Kids Rule!
Launched in 1993, the top-performing Nickelodeon network comprises seven dedicated entertainment channels for kids aged 4-15 and their families: Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon HD, Nickelodeon +1, Nicktoons, Nick Jr., Nick Jr. +1 and Nick Jr. too.
Content is at the core of the business with critically-acclaimed and hugely-popular television programming from the UK and around the world merging with bespoke content online and a dedicated Nick app, as well as consumer product and recreation opportunities such as the UK’s first-ever Nick theme park, Nickelodeon Land.
The Commercial Partnership works across all areas of UK and IE business and UKNEE Cluster to generate revenue and strategic relationships for the VIMN Kids Portfolio across Nickelodeon & Milkshake;
- Across all of the Nickelodeon & Milkshake consumer touch-points
- Linear and Digital ad sales opportunities in conjunction with appointed sales teams
- Supports and builds upon existing Consumer Products and Licensing initiatives
- A profitable Live Events business
- Extends the Nickelodeon & Milkshake IP
- Develops JV and VIMN revenue share opportunities
- Commercial Partnerships P&L objectives
The key responsibilities of this role are to proactively seek out, scope and build new commercial sales revenues, develop new business partnerships and sales opportunities across the Nickelodeon & Milkshake portfolio of brands through bringing in new sales revenue, while secondary to this supporting existing partners and 3rd party sales teams. In addition, this role will work with all key, Nickelodeon, Milkshake & VIMN key stakeholders, including the Commercial, CP, Editorial, Finance, Legal and Creative teams. This role is focused on the UK & IE Market and supports the Commercial Sales director in exploitation of all assets and sales driving opportunities.
This is a highly strategic individual with a proven track record of creating long range strategic business plans in a dedicated and 100% sales function. This strategy not only identifies the focus and objectives of the commercial sales function, but importanty establishes the methods and milestones required to achieve the sales revenue, across the short, medium and long term.
This is an accomplished Sales Person, who is passionate and motivated about Sales, with the ability to aggressively seek out new sales revenue and as a consequence build great partnerships; focused on being the pivotal driver of commercial sales in the wider team to achieve all commercial goals and objectives.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Deliver set targets within the Commercial Sales financial overall budget and support the Commercial Director in delivering the Department Target, by driving new business and closing heavlily targeted sales.
- Strong commercial acumen, focusing on clear sales requirements within the business, focused solely on achieving sales targets and objectives both directly, in support of the Commercial Director and through managing our Sky Media Partners.
- Support the wider CP & Commercial team for VIMN Kids by identifying new sales opportunities and partners for the team to work with by prospecting, cold calling and building excellent relationships across all stakeholders.
- Must be a self starter that is highly confident and motivated to seek out sales from everywhere and in particular non traditiona with a considerable amount of cold calling.
- Maximise revenue from existing partners including actively looking for opportunities to both " trade up" and "cross" sell
- Work with the Nick UK & Milkshake Channel Marketing team in a supporting role tp Sky Media only. This role focues on a heavy skew to direct sales whilst being the key point of support and contact for Sky Media.
- Write and deliver best in class proposals and presentations with a clear sales pitch throughout and a means to close the sale.
- Relationship management to drive client satisfaction and renewal of any partnership agreements once the original direct sale has been made.
- Identify innovative sales and revenue alternatives and recommendations to achieve team set and high financial targets
- Work collaboratively with the Editorial team to identify and effect new salesl opportunities
- Work in tandem with the Creative team, Agencies and Marketing team to deliver all sales revenue projects on time and on budget.
- Measure and increase success through clear sales performance KPIs and continuous analysis
- Supports the Commercial Director in creating and setting in motion the strategic business plan for the Commercial function, in conjuction with the VP of the department.
- Identifies the required strategies to build a long term sustainable and consistent revenue stream in wholly driven sales opportunities and getting the best out of Sky Media, and delivers against the strategies in a timed manner.
- Supporting the VIMN UK & IE business with cross fertilisation of commercial revenue and sales opportunities across all Viacom brands (MTV, CC etc) OTG, sponsorship sales, barter deals and affiliate partners such as Netflix, Virgin to drive a fully inclusive and comprehensive commercial strategy.
- This role will support the Commercia Directorl, working with the wider VIMN Sales team, working on cross brand revenue generating initiatives.
- A passion for sales and new business with an eye for spotting a sales opportunity is highly critical.
- Ability to sell in and close sales revenue in a consultative, professional manner to multiple stakeholders is crticsl
- Proven track record in direct sales is essential, with experience in partnerships or sponsorship sales across multiple-platforms a secondary advantage.
- Experience of sales P&L management to achieve agreed targets is critical
- Experience in multi territory commercial sales a must.
- Ability to handle a busy workload in a calm and professional manner being proactive/solution oriented
- Excellent Interpersonal skills – ability to interact with a variety of different personalities, not afraid to challenge for follow up information – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Ability to be able to build relationships both internally and externally is critical in this high performance sales role
- Self-motivated , trustworthy and builds confidence
- Broad knowledge of the media landscape an advantage
- Time management and good organisational skills are essential as is a strong understanding of the business process
- Knowledge of contracts and experience in navigating formal term sheets and legal agreements
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.