Viacom operates a broad portfolio of channel brands with touchpoints spanning traditional TV, VOD services across web, mobile and TV screen apps, consumer products/merchandise, and live events. Audience interaction with our brands and content is constantly evolving, and our ability to grow the business is predicated on us understanding these behaviours and the broader market landscape.
The UK, Northern & Eastern Europe Cluster (“UKNEE”) Digital team is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, operations and commercial success of Viacom International Media Networks (“VIMN”) digital portfolio in the region.
The UK Digital Analytics team is core to this, in providing audience and market intelligence to the wider business, and driving forward the strategic and commercial opportunities informed by this insight.
This is a broad role, requiring the ability to multi-task, be both fluent in detail and strategic approach, and to engage with multiple stakeholders from Viacom, mainly focused on Channel 5, but also MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and Milkshake.
There are three core elements to the role:
1. Ownership of multiplatform digital analytics / reporting, working with key stakeholders to define and track key metrics in order to develop efficient reporting processes to track performance
2. Project-based analytics – support for the wider business in providing audience intelligence, primarily on our digital services/products, supported when necessary on traditional linear consumption
3. Define and develop the Data Strategy – championing the use of data within the business, articulating the business value and investment case, and developing data skillsets and capabilities
The role calls for someone with a strong background in data and digital analytics, a passion for, innovation and technology, excellent communication skills, and a genuine understanding of the trends within the digital media industry.
This is a very exciting moment to join the UK Digital Analytics team, and help with our ambitious growth plans for the coming years, supported by a number of initiatives across the brands and territories. As such, this role offers a great opportunity to work with different stakeholders across business and operations, having a significant impact in shaping our data strategy and capabilities.
• Lead analytics ad-hoc projects and regular reporting to deliver commercial and strategic insight to the business
• Support teams across the UK Cluster with specific data analytics when required
• Conduct deeper analysis of product data to uncover new insight and drive digital business growth
• Stay abreast of analytics and digital developments in the market; share knowledge within the business
• Develop digital skill sets and build new data capabilities
• Build new data environments to engage and inspire key stakeholders with performance data across multiple platforms, products and brands
• Pioneer the integration and usage of new consumption data sources to drive day-to-day business decision making
• Democratise data within the business; opening up access to the wider business to enable more effective decision making
• Ensure best practice data governance principles are in place within the business
• Knowledge of TV/digital media landscape
• 4+ years’ experience in a role with a significant element of web analytics, reporting and insights
• Proven ability to draw out key insights and strategic recommendations from data and communicate them to the different stakeholders
• Experience of using Adobe Analytics or an equivalent web analytics tool
• Working knowledge of syndicated web analytics tools such as Hitwise, Comscore or Nielsen
• Experience with managing and setting up multiple regular or ad-hoc reports to different teams within the business, either on a regular basis or under one-off requests
• Excellent knowledge of excel and power point
• Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable but not essential
• Experience or exposure to web data debugging tools (Charles, Wireshark, HttpFox)
• Experience using TechEdge and other tools of commercial / editorial media research
• Understanding of web analytics implementation (tagging)
• Working knowledge of SQL and R or Python and/or data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI)
• Passion for digital and making sense of data
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work in a pressurised environment
• To be numerate with a strong attention to detail
• Dynamic & creative thinker
• Autonomous, enthusiastic, insightful, positive and hard working
• Keen with a willingness to learn
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a fast-paced business environment
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.