WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties
We are looking for a collaborative, customer-focused and creative leader in organization effectiveness, and specifically learning and development, to join our Organization and People Development team. This is a dual reporting role to both the EVP, HR, VIMN HQ. and the SVP, Organization and People Development. This senior role is based in London and will be a critical partner to the VIMN EVP HR and VIMN Senior Executives in defining and delivering an organization development and talent management strategy that supports Viacom’s talent needs and objectives whilst retaining flexibility across multiple cultures and market maturity levels. The scope includes change management, org design, succession planning, and learning with an emphasis on leadership development. Additionally, the role partners with the Culture team to advance culture and environment. The role also owns and contributes to enterprise-wide approaches for both organization development and talent management (e.g., performance management, talent review). Lastly, the role will evaluate solutions and innovate processes and programs to ensure they continue to meet business needs.
Our ideal team member couples a passion for organization development, talent management and learning with a strong results orientation that is directed toward adapting theories and best practices into practical, results-based solutions that align with client’s priorities and add clear, measurable value to the business.
Organization and People Partner – VIMN
- Act as a strategic partner to EVP HR VIMN in the implementation of the VIMN people strategy in line with the VIMN business and global people strategies.
- Serve as an expert advisor and influencer to the VIMN CEO, COO, VP HR Ops and SLT in the development of organization and talent solutions focused on structure, process, capabilities and teams.
- Partner with the cluster HR leads, senior executives, and business unit leads in the design & implementation of cluster/business unit specific people initiatives, e.g., org design, org effectiveness, skills development, team performance and talent management.
- Drive leadership and high potential development across VIMN by fostering the adoption of learning programs and frameworks, and by designing customized development solutions where appropriate.
- Provide leadership oversight to the VIMN Talent Review process; executive succession planning, top talent identification, career development strategies.
- Provide organization development and talent management support to the Clusters as needed.
- Manage external vendor relationships with Executive Coaches and Consultants on behalf of client groups.
- Manage VIMN learning and organization development budget
Center of Excellence
- Own and contribute to enterprise approaches, processes and programs. Provide research-based thought leadership in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of talent management and organization development solutions
- Co-design central programs and processes to ensure they meet global needs, and tailor as needed to achieve VIMN people priorities
- Manage project teams to ensure high quality design and execution
- Lead an expert team of organization and people development resources; manage performance, foster development and ensure they are appropriately deployed to meet the client’s needs.
- Lead the team in the delivery of programs which recognize the cultural and office differences across our organization.
- Serve as a secondary manager to the Cluster aligned Org & People team in their development & implementation of cluster specific and Enterprise-wide organization & people development initiatives.
- Work with peers to foster collaboration, engagement and high performance within the org and people development team.
- Significant experience in applied roles that include Organization Development, Talent Management and Learning and Development; ideal candidates may also have had experience as a Human Resources Generalist but will have managed a team.
- Demonstrated experience applying advanced theoretical knowledge of Change Management, Organization Design, and Adult Learning to solve business challenges.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with Human Resources colleagues and working collaboratively across Human Resources disciplines.
- Experience of a matrixed global organization
- Master’s degree in Organization Development or Human Resources preferred, or degree in related field, but this is not essential.
- Develop influential relationships with Senior Executives
- Executive presence
- Navigate ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Adapt style and approach to meet customer needs
- Project Management
- Writing, speaking, and presenting effectively and persuasively
- Cultural awareness