Job Title: Senior Research Executive
Department: Viacom Consumer Insights & Analytics (UKNEE Cluster)
Manager: Manager, Viacom Consumer Insights & Analytics
The Consumer Insights & Analytics team sits at the heart of the Viacom brands, which are critical for helping drive the companies creative/commercial success. This role involves collaborating with and supporting multiple teams across the business – including Finance, Programming, Marketing, Digital and Strategy.
We are currently looking for an experienced media research professional to join this high performing team – working on iconic channels (e.g. MTV and Comedy Central) and some of the UK’s most popular programmes (e.g. Geordie Shore and Roast Battle).
The SRE will be a pivotal member of the team, responsible for supplying performance analysis across Viacom’s linear (TV) and non-linear (Digital, VOD, Social) platforms - and will proactively inform the business of competitive and media landscape changes.
As youth focused brands are at the heart of Viacom channel mix, the SRE will also be responsible for understanding young demographics and act as the ‘voice of the consumer’ for internal stakeholders.
- Continual focus on the primary objective of driving growth and consumption across all of Viacom’s platforms
- Support Viacom’s Consumer Insights and Analytics team in the analysis of its channel and programme brands across both linear (TV) and non-linear (Digital, VOD, Social) platforms
- Developing a thorough understanding of Viacom’s competitive marketplace and communicate this knowledge across the business
- Support the UKNEE Cluster teams (UK, Ireland, Nordics, Central Eastern Europe) in the production of reports, analysis and marketplace understanding – sharing best practice where relevant
- Support in writing, analyzing and debriefing primary research projects
- To act as the ‘voice of the consumer’ for Viacom’s brands - assisting in running any internal focus groups/regular surveys and researching wider behavioral/societal changes
- To develop close and knowledgeable relationships with relevant departments (e.g. Programming, Marketing, Digital and Strategy) within the UKNEE cluster.
- Responded to regular ad-hoc requests from Finance, Programming, Marketing, Digital and Strategy teams
- To assist in managing all relevant research information sources and databases
- Participating in relevant presentations and meetings, hosting and presenting where required
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE – ESSENTIAL
- Experienced research analyst ideally from a TV background - although candidates from other areas (e.g. media owners, TV ad sales, digital, media agencies) may be considered
- Highly numerate with strong statistical experience
- Highly competent at analyzing large datasets – with the ability to look beyond the numbers and transform data into actionable insight
- Detailed working knowledge of TV data systems (e.g. BARB, TechEdge), digital tracking software (e.g. Omniture, Comscore, Google Analytics) and social listening tools (e.g. Crims and Hexagons, Facebook/Youtube Analytics)
- Exceptional Excel skills with relevant work experience using excel to distill complex data sets into audience insights
- Detailed knowledge of the UK TV and wider media marketplace and a strong interest in TV/digital entertainment platforms – from a consumer and business perspective
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal communications
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE – PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Awareness of the UK affiliates market
- Experience of media ad sales or sponsorship functions
- Experience in survey research (design, implementation) & focus group experience
- Experience in using data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Infectious appetite for media and consumer insight
- Highly numerate and passionate about using data to inform decisions
- Able to look beyond numbers to interpret and transform key research findings into usable tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, hard working with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Pro-active and goes the extra mile
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and keen to learn; able to ask perceptive questions
- Strong collaboration skills
- Able to work with autonomy, and taking responsibility for your own workload
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.